Mona Karlsson – Patient Coordinator
Hi there, my name is Mona and I am very proud to say that I am a Patient Coordinator at Overvekts Operasjoner Riga. I’ve also had a Gastric Bypass with our outstanding Surgeon and am absolutely delighted with the whole experience. I lost my weight and slimmed down to my target weight within the first year! I would like to guide and help you with your special journey based upon my own experience of weight loss surgery.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Dr. Igors Troickis – Leading Bariatric Surgeon, 25 years experience, over 500 procedures annually
A highly acknowledged surgeon, with 25 years experience in general surgery and over 10 years experience in bariatric surgeries.
Head of Surgery Department at Riga hospital.
The surgeon performs over 500 procedures annually.
· Gastric Bypass, Mini Gastric Bypass
· Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Band removal
· Revisional Bariatric Surgery
|Gastric Balloon||BMI 27+|
|Gastric Sleeve||BMI 30+|
|Gastric Bypass||BMI 35+|
Choose the procedure that suits you best :
10 Reasons to choose us
Efficient appointment system
We will endeavour to accommodate your needs when arranging appointments. Our surgeon will review your medical documentation and health questionnaire to assess your suitability for a surgical procedure, we then aim to offer you an acceptance for surgery date within one to two weeks.
A private contemporary surgical centre
Our clinic is designed to emulate the most modern medical institutions in Europe. Hotel style accommodation is offered, with a flat screen television, wifi and air conditioning to ensure a comfortable stay. There is the opportunity for a friend or a member of your family to stay with you in your private room, if necessary.
Extremely experienced surgeons and medical team
Our senior surgeon, who specializes in bariatric surgery, has over ten years experience in this field, and twenty five years experience in general surgery. The medical staff and surgeons have vast experience and knowledge.
Finest quality surgical equipment
The equipment we use is of the highest proven quality, it is supplied by: Storz, Johnson & Johnson, Ethicon and Covidien. We have opened four new operating theatres, which have been designed and equipped to the highest standard.
5 year follow up
We offer a five year follow up programme for patients who have undergone Gastric Sleeve or Gastric Bypass surgery and a one year follow up programme for patients with a Gastric Balloon. Our patient coordinator will be available to answer questions via email or telephone.
Half the price of Norway surgical treatment
With us you get the same (or an even better) service than that of a private clinic in Norway, for half the price. For approximately half the cost, we can offer a similar or a better service than most private clinics in Norway.
English speaking medical personnel
Our doctors, nurses and the other medical personnel speak English fluently.
Twenty four hour care
Medical care, given by doctors and nurses, is available on a twenty four hour basis.
Direct flights from Norway to Riga
There are direct flights from the Norway to Riga (RIX)., Norwegian Air fly from Oslo, Trondheim and Bergen. Wizz Air fly from Sandefjord. Flight connections are also available from the rest of Norway through hub in Oslo.
Surgeon’s liability insurance
A Surgeon’s liability insurance of 30 000 Euro is provided for the bariatric surgeons operating at our clinic.
Clinic & Surgeons
Our independent, smart surgical unit in Riga, Latvia can only be compared to the highest rated medical institutions located across Europe.
The comfortable, private rooms come with all modern conveniences including, flat screen television, air conditioning and wifi. A friend or member of your family may also reside with you in your private room, for the duration of your stay.
Although the hospital is conveniently located in Riga, it is quiet and peaceful. The medical and nursing teams at the hospital are focused on patient needs, and both doctors and nurses are available 24 hours a day. Our medical personnel have focus and attention on the safety and comfort of our patients.
Our surgeons and medical personnel are highly experienced. All our doctors have been accredited and have approval to operate in the European Union.
Our leading bariatric surgeon is specialized in Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass and Revisional Bariatric surgeries, with twenty five years experience in general surgery and over ten years experience in weight loss surgery.
Dr. Igors Troickis – Leading Bariatric Surgeon
An eminent surgeon, with 25 years experience in general surgery and over 10 years experience in bariatric surgery.
Clinical Director of Surgery at Riga hospital.
He performs over 500 procedures annually.
· Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve
· Revisional Bariatric Surgery
1991. He graduated from Riga P.Stradina University – General surgeon.
He studied, gaining qualifications and experience, in the UK (Bassetlaw Hospital ward B6), Switzerland (St.Claraspital Basel), France (TYCO Healthcare education Center), Italy, Norway, Sweden.
Congresses and conferences:
· Los Angeles, IFSO2010, XV World Congress, USA
· New Delhi, IFSO 2012, XVII World Congress, India
· Istanbul, IFSO 2013, XVIII World Congress, Turkey
· Montreal, IFSO 2014, XIX World Congress, Canada
· Tallinn, BAS, The 3rd Congress of The Baltic Association of Surgeons, Estonia
· Riga, BAS, The 4th Congress of The Baltic Association of Surgeons, Latvia
· TYCO Healthcare Education Centre, Elancourt, Bariatric Master Class, France
· Surgery Department Azienda Unita Sanitaria Locale di Reggio Emilia Ospedale di Gustalla, THD / transanal dearterisation / training, Italy
· St.Claraspital Basel “Swiss Endos “ Fribourg, Bariatric surgery training (sleeve gastrectomy), Switzerland
· Sahlgrenska Hospital, University of Gothenburg, Revisional bariatric surgery, Sweden
· Private clinic Oslo, Bariatric surgery training (Roux-Y Gastric Bypass), Norway
· Clinical Centre ISCARE – Lighthouse Prague, SAGB QS Course with Hands – on Training, Czech Republic
· Bruges, Advanced Course In Revisional Procedures & Management of Complex Cases in Bariatric surgery, Belgium
· Private clinic Stockholm, Bariatric surgery training (Roux-Y Gastric Bypass), Sweden
· Gdansk, Advanced Bariatric Surgical Procedures, Poland
· Member of the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
· Member of the Latvian bariatric surgeon association
· Member of the Latvian surgeon association
If you are tired of suffering from being overweight, our experts will examine you and decide if you need some form of bariatric surgery. We will do our best to make the operation and overall experience with us as comfortable, smooth and safe as possible. Call us or contact us through the enquiry form.